EVENT: HR in 2020; are you ready for emerging global, technological and demographic change?
HR in 2020; are you ready for emerging global, technological and demographic change?
Tuesday 11th November 2014
Bentley’s Oyster Bar and Grill, Swallow Street, London
The world in which we live and work is changing at an ever increasing rate; new technologies and innovations create new industries and business models transforming how we communicate and work. These changes, coupled with an increasingly diverse workforce, lead us to question whether HR is prepared to manage the required adjustments to shape the organisations of the future. If so, could traditional career models and workplace behaviour become a thing of the past?
To discuss HR in 2020, Helen Norris, Head of HR Business Partners at Nationwide Building Society, will be leading a round table dinner. Helen has developed a reputation for driving major change programmes for business transformation. These efforts have lead to results in growth, turnaround, constrained environments within international blue-chip financial services and telecommunications. As well as sharing her experiences with us, she will also be focussing on the following areas:
- Future Employee Value Proposition (EVP), understanding Gen Y and globalisation.
- HR’s use of mobile tools; apps for policies, processes and payment, gamification for L&D and mobile/flexible working.
- How will talent attraction and employer brand change?
- The impact of video CV’s and interviews and gamification for on-boarding.
- HR’s relationship with IT and Legal, as a result of ‘bring your own device’, and also employee’s use of social media (Twitter and Facebook etc.)
- The cultural shift required as generations collide and countries collaborate including: the required acquisition of new skills, changes in work practices and shifts in organisational thinking
The Debate, supported by RSG, will be held in the Swallow Street Rooms at Bentley’s Oyster Bar and Grill (www.bentleys.org) and will continue over drinks.
Spaces are limited; this an invitation only event and to request attendance please contact Caroline Beer (Caroline.Beer@TheHRWorld.co.uk) or phone 07772136284.
Posted on: Wednesday 8th Oct 2014